Monday, August 11, 2014

K to 12 Basic Education Program

Image via Google
I felt blessed that I have been to Singapore for 3 days last year courtesy of my wife because she was invited by her cousin who lived and work there together with her husband and their two kids. 

During those times of my visit I was really impressed on Singapore’s urban planning. It seems everything were cleverly planned and designed in such a way that every square meter of their total land area was properly utilized. Their office buildings, Industrial sites, housings, recreation centers, malls, botanical gardens, tourist destinations (etc.) were carefully arranged in strategic places to maximize the efficiency of their transportation system (especially the MRT and LRT System) and thereby getting fast and easy transport from one point of destination to another. It also avoids waste of time from traffic going to their workplaces to and fro.

Not counting their Changi International Airport which is one of the best in the world. This is a very impressive feat for a tiny island nation like Singapore, only one third the size of the total land area of Davao City. How I wish our beloved country would achieve what Singapore has reached today or perhaps surpassed them in terms of economic success. I think the K to 12 program of DepEd is a big step forward on realizing that dream, guiding and preparing school kids to become advance learners and be highly competitive in their chosen field while molding others to become our future leaders and good decision makers someday taking the reign and make our nation great.


No comments:

Post a Comment